Each year Pack 229 Cub Scouts sell popcorn as a fundraiser, typically in October.
Why we sell popcorn
We asking that each scout sell $150 worth of popcorn. This will return $50/scout to the pack to make up the difference between the costs of running the pack and the dues. Notwithstanding, selling popcorn is not mandatory. If you son does not participate, we ask that if you are able, please donate the $50 to the pack.
Steps to selling popcorn
- Get a form. Hopefully your son received his popcorn form your Den Leader – if not there will be extras in the scout folder in the school office.
- Go out and sell! Please make checks payable to Pack 229.
- Return your order form with your money and prize selections to the school office folder by the deadline
- The popcorn will be available for distribution in a few weeks
- Your son is eligible to receive prizes based on the level of sales achieved.
- We are also participating in the popcorn for troops program – your buyers can elect to buy popcorn for the troops instead of receiving it themselves. This can be a big selling point.
- Selling tips from Trail’s End